March 02, 2011

Don't Stand Still

My husband often warns people not to stand still too long at our house or his wife will paint them!  I think I just might!

Last December I decided to paint a long dark hall in the house.  I never knew what to do with the hall because it really is dark. If I hang photos or pictures on the walls they would only sit, lost and unseen and eventually gather dust. 'Nuff dust in this house, thank you.

While drawing the color pencil draft of the mural, my 7 year old granddaughter, Alaina, made the comment, "No, Nana, there are enough green trees in the world, that tree should be purple!"

Well, of course it needed to be purple, what was I thinking!

1 comment:

  1. ". . . not to stand still too long at our house or his wife will paint them!" Wow! What a compliment is that. You must be one passionate artist, then.

    Your granddaughter, what a wise soul she is!

    Loved the painting and the post :)

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!