From my previous post you can probably tell that this isn't a good day for me. It has been a rapid decline since last Monday....almost near the bottom!
I talked to my sister, she's on the slide with me, though she must have greased her butt because she's just a tad bit ahead of me on the WTF scale of downward slides.
So I decided to lighten things up. A person does not live by slide alone!. Gonna grab the sides of the slide put on the brakes and take a little Profoundly Superficial detour.
|Mandala by Toni Tona|
I borrowed some of James Lipton's questions from Inside the Actor's Studio. I am not an actor but I am an artist. Artists are just as screwed up as actors so what the hell!
1. What is your favorite word? Phosphatidylcholine
2. What is your least favorite word? stupid
3. What sound or noise do you love? granddaughters laughing
4. What sound or noise do you hate? I dislike traffic, parent's yelling putting kids down, bullying
5. What is your favorite curse word? My favorite word (because I have grandchildren and am trying to shed the truck-drive part of me) has been dang gum! I use it for surprise and for cursing but every now and then an f-bomb rips loose (this morning there was total anarchy in the cursing area of my mind and a convoy of f-bombs escaped.)
I found these questions on Brene Brown's blog and thought, as long as I am being profoundly superficial, I would try them.
1. A song/band/type of music you’d risk wreck and injury to turn off when it comes on the radio? The opening theme for the Rush Limbaugh Show.
2. Favorite show on television? Weekend Favorite Show: Super Soul Sunday on OWN / Weekday Favorite Show: Survivor ( I divided that to show depth of character...well, depth of something!)
3. Favorite movie? Swiss Family Robinson or Enchanted April
4. What are you grateful for today? My sister, I love her and don't know what life would be like without her.
5. If you could have anything put on a t-shirt what would it be? Be Nice or Shut The Fuck Up!
6. Favorite meal? Medium rare steak, grilled vegetables with rosemary, garlic bread and a really good Zin. (or white bread, baloney and potato chips ).
7. A talent you wish you had? Putting bad guys in jars with a tap of my wand would be nice but I really, really wish I could carry a tune.
8. Favorite song/band? My very favorite song is Where I Go by Natalie Merchant and close follow- up is Digame or Forever Love by Anna Nalick.
9. What’s on your nightstand? Lamp, about 7 books holding about 43 bookmarks and some dog eared pages, a handmade bowl with my favorite earrings and pendants, four or five crystals and a lot of dust....guess I should go clean it up.
10. What’s something about you that would surprise us? I think I am going to pack my bags, books and crystals, Mitch's ashes and my dog. Take Mitch to the ocean which he loved. Then find a little house in the Marble Mountains for me and Rex.