May 02, 2016

Lovin' D'Agostino


May 2nd! Yeah, it is. It is a new month and I had no clue.

Early onset Alzheimer's or just too dang busy, but thank goodness for Michael D'Agostino at A Life Examined and his Question of the Month. I happened across a couple of posts, shook my head that April had stumbled out the back door and let May in.

First of the month, May is here! Meaning? Pay the mortgage, pay utilities, get oil changed, get tires rotated, put the sheers up on the pergola, get chlorine tablets for pool and see if last years swim suit still fits (or is fit to wear). Mostly, it means a Question of the Month....Yay!

Chronological Query: "What are three pieces of advice you'd give to people starting their own blog?"

#1. Do It!  Don't put it off for another minute. Stop reading this and do it right now.

#2. Don't worry when you discover that you've abandoned your blog, haven't posted for six months or a year and all your links are bad. Cyber dust is invisible and won't make you sneeze.  Just get back to it. The second time around, your commitment will have sharper teeth. When you return, your ideas for what you want to say, and how to say, it will have be a tuned up a little. 

#3. Build relationships. Visit other blogs, comment, get to know your fellow bloggers. When you find a site you love, share it.  Post a link to their site on your pages.  Respond to their comments on your posts. Go back and read their replies, if any, to your comments. 

When you've built relationships, you have people you want to communicate with, an audience to write to. On the days you have nothing to say, or after you've had your say, you can stroll around Blogville.  Visit your friends and acquaintances, read what they have to share, respond, support and maybe be inspired!

Who knows, you might end up having a Question of the Month to look forward to or an It's Okay Tuesday!

p.s. #3.5 getting your oil changed and tires rotated are probably not the most newsworthy item to share!


12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got there in the end. I do send out an email to the participants with each month's question, do you get those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your email was in the inbox, I just haven't the time to keep up with checking email. Life is hitting me at full speed! I miss a lot of things like email, showers and passing of months!

      Delete
  2. I started with #3. after I did that for 5 years, some people convinced me to start my own blog. I only post when I feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #3 is probably a good place to start just to get the feel of blogs. Which ones are interesting and yummy, which ones give you a headache from all the ads!

      Delete
  3. You're right -- blogging is a social activity -- mingle, mingle, MINGLE! And I love the illustration you chose for this post. I'm stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the pic isn't mine, you are now in possession of a stolen article! We can write to each other in jail!

      Mingle is fun and I am so glad I met all of you artists, writers, poets, photographers and observers of life!

      Delete
  4. Yes, bloggging is a social endeavor. I have met some fantastic people from visiting blogs. Thanks so much for stopping by mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also met some pretty fantastic and diversified people who blog. I enjoyed the visit and will be back!

      Delete
  5. It's definitely a place to socialize. And commenting is a very important part of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place to socialize and you can do it in your jammies!

      Delete
  6. Like your advice about coming back to blogging. It's true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great when you get your second wind and the skeleton is already there. You can just jump in and go!

      Delete

Comment Please but Play Nice!