April 11, 2024

Joy

 Yesterday was a pretty down-day for me. Those days come and they go. I practice being "up" but sometimes it's just too much to pretend!

Today, however, was a great day. A truly great day.

I talked to my youngest son. He just started his dream job, working for a large non-profit organiztion. For the first time in a long time the stress and worry was not in his voice. His voice was joyful! 

His position has an extraordinary amount responsibilty as have his jobs in the past but he made the observation that never once in any of the seemingly endless meetings the words "profit, bottomline, net gain" was ever uttered. 

This mother's spirit was filled with incredible peace hearing the joy in my son's voice.

Truly, a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so, so hard to find our niche in life sometimes. Glad to hear that your son has found his at last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter-in-law told me that she was talking to him on the phone and he just randomly said, "I'm happy!" What a wonderful blessing for the both of them.

      Delete

Comment Please but Play Nice!