March 19, 2016

Physics

I must have missed the day that physics class addressed the phenomenon of spring cleaning! I'm not even sure how to set up the equation. Could it be: mass + dust+movement=mass squared.

Yesterday, I called Mom and Dad to see if they needed groceries. Sister was already on the job.
Baby was hanging out with her daddy.
GodParenting Book has me backed into corner; major writer's block.

What to do?

"Hey, clean your room!" Don't you hate when the inner responsible, mature person in your head makes suggestions?

The idea of Spring Cleaning in your head!

Okay, I decide it's a day for action. I have three big bags.
1. Trash
2. Purging Clothing
3. Purging Books ( I know I can, I know I can, I know I can,I know I can...)

Starting in the south east corner. Tossing this or that into that or this bag. I opened drawers and tossed keepers on the bed, folded savers on the side. Books, tossed a couple but found four piles building. One pile for my  syfy son, some good novels for my daughter and her daughters, a pile for a friend who sells books on Amazon and a pile of Serbian books (no, I can't read Serbian but there is a Serbian Orthodox Church in the area, maybe someone there would like them.)

Another pile on the bed of stuff that belongs somewhere else. A quickly building pile on the floor of clothing that probably should go through the wash.

Dusting, wiping, organizing....Hey, looking good!

Then I turned around...Oh My God.....where did all this crap come from and what am I going to do with it?

Then I recalled my thoughts at every spring cleaning:

It Always Gets Worse Before It Gets Better

Getting past the delusion!


12 comments:

  1. Luckily I loves to organize. And when life gets overwhelming that's what I do. I have to resist organizing the husband or the kids (when they were home).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love organizing too, but no one in the household likes or responds well to organization!~

      Delete
  2. I like Spring Cleaning for I am good at, and with, The Purge.
    Carlos, on the other, never found a single thing he didn't want to save ... just in case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am good at The Purge, except for my books. Hard to give them up though I know that I may never read them again.

      Delete
  3. there is no such thing as spring cleaning in this house...nor any other season of the year. I despise housework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a crazy year! Whether I want to or not....gotta be done!

      Delete
  4. Yeah, I took a bunch of clothes and stuff down to Goodwill today. Feels good to clear things out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely down-sizing again. It's a little dance: garage sale, garage sale, dump! Repeat if necessary!

      Delete
  5. It must be hitting all of us. Last week we donated a ton of stuff. Personally, the minimalist in me wants to empty half the house. If only I could get away with it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to reduce our belongings be at least half. Time to down-size again!

      Delete
  6. LOL, I love what Martha said; I would do the same, empty half the house, but I could never get away with it. We are moving next weekend so we did a bit of organizing and getting rid of things and packing; always a good feeling to depart of things no longer used.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a house over 3200 sq ft. Raised out kids (and many other people's kids) and realized we needed to sell and buy a small house or the 27 nieces and nephews might want to move in with us at one time or another. We got rid of half of our 'stuff', sold the house and acreage and moved into town. House is only a little over 1900 sq ft. Was half empty for a long while but is not bursting at the seams again. Big surprise, we still haven't lived alone much in the 12 years we've been here! Maybe I should call the house the Wandering and Wondering B & B! Good Luck with the move!

      Delete

Comment Please but Play Nice!