April 28, 2016

Hanging Our With JP

Went for a drive with my granddaughter yesterday. We drove 'the back way' to my folks' house.

JP drove, we listened to music and shared thoughts about the music, the lyrics, moving, boys  and moving to the east coast.

She is going to be sixteen in just over two weeks and she astounds me.

She is honest (extremely honest), she is authentic and she is wise.

We took my dad grocery shopping and she carried on a wonderful, animated conversation with him. She helped transfer groceries out of the cart and onto the belt to the checker. She packed groceries into bags, loaded them into the car and helped unload when we got back to the folks' house.

She is an excellent artist and drew a picture for Mom and Dad. She joked with them, asked some questions and listened to the answers.

Not once did she pick up her smart phone and disengage. She was involved and she showed them how much she cared.

She also taught me about making venison sausage, she shared her thoughts that people need to dress for themselves and own their own look.

Basically, she told me, "No excuses! If people like me or don't like me, it's none of my business!"

I liked the message and I love her.

 





8 comments:

  1. I feel the same way, JP. either you like me or you hate me; if you hate me, it's YOUR problem, not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! Takes after her grandmother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds absolutely wonderful! I love that she engages with the world around her and the people in it instead of staring at her phone.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!