December 13, 2016

2016

Do you listen to Ted Talks? Most are quite enjoyable and educational; some are just ehh!

Yesterday my email turned up with a couple of links to Talks inquiring the listener (or potential listener) to contemplate the question, "What did you learn about yourself in 2016?"

To be honest, I didn't listen to any of the videos, but the question got me thinking.

Did I discover anything about myself in 2016?  What DID I discover about myself in 2016? 

While ruminating, something may come to mind and I ask myself, "Self, is this a newly discovered trait or did you already know of it?  Is this a true strength or weakness or just a momentary rise or fall?"

Honestly, I discovered that I am a lot tougher than I thought I was. I can physically work harder than I thought I could. I discover I a vulnerability that I was totally aware of.

I discovered that my brother thinks I am the 'village idiot' because our president-elect scares the crap out of me.In spite of the my vulnerability, I discovered that being called the village idiot for speaking my mind doesn't hurt at all. In fact, I may get it tattooed on my ass right next to the 'kiss this' tat!

I discovered that I love my parents more than I ever knew I could. I discovered that I really like silence and stillness.

I discovered that there is a whole lot I don't know about a whole lot! I discovered that I can dance better than I thought I could. I discovered that I truly miss having a good old vanilla malt every now and then. I discovered that I love 805 beer, and that I was just fooling myself when I thought I liked lima beans, Lima beans suck!

There are still 18 days to search my inner workings for more but once 2017 gets here, it's going to be about learning new things and going on new adventures.


What have you, my friends, discovered about your selves in 2016?



4 comments:

  1. Vulnerability fluctuates with me. Somethings and some actions really hurt and some are like a fly on a bears back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've discovered that now that my kids have left the nest, I need to redefine myself and add more interesting things and adventure in my life!

    Nice to see you around, Toni! I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an exciting time to expand your horizons. Wishing you the best adventures!

    Thank you for your concern, I do have a better grip on the challenges of life.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!