December 14, 2016

Procrastination List


In spite of the rain and wind, it's going to be a busy day. My to-do list is a mile long all shoved onto an 8 x 11 sheet of paper. Staying true to my nature to procrastinate, I thought I would hop around the net and see what friends are up to. Lists were made to wait, right?

I discovered that Susan at Color Me Writing has a busy day scheduled but is procrastinating in much the same way I am. On her procrastination journey she visited Carole at Carole Knits and found a fun list of letting friends know what's up.

Call me a copy cat but I'm going to join them in What's Up!

Drinking: Fresh ginger and green tea.

Reading: Non-violent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall Rosenberg but seeking a really good novel. Anyone read The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George? Yum.

Watching: My Rex and Lilly run around the backyard trying not to get their feet wet in the rain!

Listening: Mumford and Sons channel on Pandora


Knitting:  Sorry, Carole, no knitting here, but I am sewing a quilt (on the list).

Planting:  Goals for 2017. Get my studio back in order now that the grandkids have gotten their own home. Back to writing minimum of 2 hours a day. Paint guest room. Paint bedroom.

Buying: Yeah, that's right, remind me of the list!  Wrapping, ribbon, bows, a Dutch Bros coffee (I can hear it calling my name), a really good fingernail polish, some bubble wrap and a couple of shipping boxes. Maybe, if no one is looking, I'll slip in an Almond Joy!

Dropping: Really, really trying to ease my fear of the next four years. My New Year's Resolution might include investing in several cases of Jack Daniels and Captain Morgan to self-medicate myself through the nightmare of a Trump presidency.

Wrapping:  Nothing, hence the shopping list.

Anticipating:  My son and his family's visit after Christmas. my trip to Grand Canyon and Yosemite with girlfriends, shopping trip to Ashland with friends, spending Christmas day with my parents.

Baking:  Really? Got a couple of logs in the woodstove, does that count?

Have a great day, friends. Let us know what you're up to.

5 comments:

  1. only have to buy for the spouse and cats - finished 2 weeks ago.

    knitting - scarf, sweater, shawl, baby sweater.

    drinking - spiked eggnog (now that I am home from work).

    the rest of the categories don't apply to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In honour of the unholy Trump-Putin connection, I've recently begun imbibing Black Russians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get so many things done in half the time. Now, I procrastinate, because there is too much to do that I no longer want to do. Staring out the window, playing with pets, and looking for things that I had in my hands a few minutes before takes up so much of my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you 100%! Too much I just don't have any desire to do!

      Delete

Comment Please but Play Nice!