December 24, 2015

Only Burnt Six

Cookie day was great. We made a batch of chocolate chip of which six big ones got a little crisp. I called them biscotti and am enjoying one with my coffee.

We also made several dozen sugar cookies. Mistakenly, the tubes of decorator frosting was gel instead of frosting. Now, I know some of you are rolling your eyes because I didn't make my own frosting....get over it!

The cookies were still glorious. The girls, while heavily leaning towards designing the cookies with Supernatural, Dr. Who and Sherlock themes, stayed with Christmas designs.

Even 18 month old Brinley helped. JP and Alaina helped Brinley help which helped me. Only those of you with experience with an active and adventurous 18 month old will truly understand how much helping that entails!

Yes, her hair is blue and it is gorgeous!

We also had Benny, JP's little miniature Australian Shepherd. Benny is a cutie pie. He weighs just a little over Brinley and is the softest animal I have ever cuddled.  He and Rex played joyfully and wagging tails knocked ornaments off the tree. Happens all the time with Rex, just double the bouncing ornaments! Nothing broken but lots of laughing.

Alaina showed us some Hip Hop moves and Brinley joined in. We watched silly videos and talked about Jensen Ackles (yes, JP is in love hence the "Not Moose" t-shirt!). Ackles plays Dean in Supernatural. I would explain Supernatural to you but as JP states it, "I would need a Power Point Presentation to catch you up!"  I choose to Netflix 10 seasons with her and forego the professional presentation. I'm hooked.

We danced some more, we talked about a couple of mean girls at school, shared our excitement about the cousins coming up from SoCal.

It was a good day; a four Naproxen day, but a good day.

Little houses are for the fairies...it gets cold around here.



"The minstrels played their Christmas tune
To-night beneath my cottage eaves;
While smitten by a lofty moon,
The encircling laurels thick with leaves,
Gave back a rich and dazzling sheen,
That overpowered their natural green.

Through hill and valley every breeze
Had sunk to rest with folded wings:
Keen was the air, but could not freeze
Nor check the music of the strings;
So stout and hardy were the band
That scraped the chords with strenuous hand.

And who but listened?--till was paid
Respect to every inmate's claim,
The greeting given, the music played
In honor of each household name,
Duly pronounced with lusty call,
And a merry Christmas wished to all."
William Wordsworth


 From my house to yours, Merry Christmas.

12 comments:

  1. ho ho ho and a merry yuletide to your house! LOVE the little fairy houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Yuletide was and is wonderful. The fairies love the houses too!

      Delete
  2. Lots of special fun going on at your place! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always, it seems. Kind of a loving, controlled chaos!

      Delete
  3. How nice!!! Save me one, will you? Lots and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, immediately consumed! Lots of love to you and healing thoughts.

      Delete
  4. You're rockin' the festivities over there. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking two day break and back into the festivities. Kids coming up from SoCal....yahoo!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you. A toast to your happiness in the new year, too.

      Delete
  6. At this juncture I'd don't care what people use to make their cookies... "be gone critics" I say..."got no time for that!!" lol Love the sweet photos of family, nothings more precious as beautiful Christmas memories being made!!The cookies look so yummy and I can see they are made with so much love!! I adore your beautiful red door with the fairy houses... looks like the entrance to a magical cottage, warm and cozy!! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year to you!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giggles, your handle matches your energy so well! Cookies were excellent, we had a great time.

      I'm glad you like my door. I love it because it promises that there will be very few white walls on the inside!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete

Comment Please but Play Nice!