April 17, 2017

A to Z Challenge "O"






A to Z 2017 Theme: Rocks to Throw At A Hero Who Is Up A Tree!

Robin Carr, a well-published author describes a talented author as "someone who chases her hero up a tree and then throws rocks at her."


Oh my! Now this may truly prove to be a challenge.


Off the top of my head, the most Odious rock that comes to mind, is that the first chapter Opens with Oliver Omitting to the Office Overseer that Obvious Obstacles  were Omitted from the project Outline. On the spot, the Overseer Observes Official procedures and Ousts poor Oliver.


Oliver takes the O train home. Entering the residence and discovers Obscenely intimate and Offensive activities between Mrs. Oliver and with Olin, the Oliver's personal ( and Over Paid ) Oenophile. By the way, they are drinking Mr. Oliver's last bottle of  Chateau Margaux, 1787 (a mere $225,000 bottle that he was saving for retirement).

Mrs. Oliver; Out with her Opals and Oboe but Only the clothing she was wearing when discovered! That would be Only the suit she was born in, though it was somewhat wrinkled from Over use.

Olin the Oenophile: Out with Mrs. Oliver and the cork from the Open bottle into the street.

Obliged to take on another Occupation in an Obscure, remote village, Oliver is forced to take a position on Omar's chicken farm as an Poultry Offal Icer. (yes, Offal Icer a real occupation! Vitally important, for chicken shit must be iced to prevent it from spoilage(...it's true, I read it on the internet!)

On my Oath, this is a true story. Oliver fell in love with an Orthodontist who's violet eyes and wavy hair that smelled like Old Spice.

The two love birds sold the Orthodontic practice, felt Obliged to free the captive poultry providing each with chicken sized RESIST t-shirts and Pro-Vegan ankle bracelets.

They married in an Observatory in Orick, California, each inviting close Sasquatch friends to stand as their Best Man/Men.

They adopted 4 children, though one of the kids was extremely hairy and smelled just a tad better that chicken offal until Oliver purchase a Mango-scented hair conditioner, They Observed a vegetarian life style and lived happily ever after in Oregon growing marijuana and apricots.

Obviously, this wasn't resolved in 6 paragraphs, but the writer took just under 25,000 words to sling, then Obliterate the rocks. There were many Obnoxious people, an Obscene strip joint and drunk cops watching pole dancers, Objectionable confrontations and many a pair of shoes that were ruined in  Poultry Offal prior to freezing.




 Post Script: No redeemable value in reading this book but if you can score a sip of the wine,
Go For It!









11 comments:

  1. 'o' is for 'obnoxious' (see donald dump)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my you're On the ball. O is Onerous, except for the Oino/vino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a story worthy of Oprah's Book Club! (Yes, that's the best I could do.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O yes! This is great. I feel a glass of wine coming on!

    Amble Bay's Orchestra

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how you weave all of this together with one letter. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know that I'd want to throw a rock at my dreams. I might break them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are amazing!!!
    what a fun yet quite a work dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the smell of Old Spice too
    Lovely read

    A Peice Of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Toni - got here eventually ... sorry I missed your series - your comment on my B for British Breeds of Rare Animals went into comment moderation and I've only just rescued it ...

    You are certainly stretching the OOOOOOh words ... very clever and certainly makes a change .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey all! Hilary just made a comment on this post which drew me to the page. I am ashamed that I did not reply to any of the comments on this page!

    Holding my head in shame..I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!