January 02, 2013

New Year Celebration

Oh My God! What a day. January 1, 2013 may go down in history as one of my best days.

In the morning I played Spoons with pointy objects with 4 of our granddaughters and Papa, just pens but pointy all the same. We giggled and laughed and I lost but it was so much fun laughing. Those girls are just the best, funny, intelligent and so lovingly irreverent, just my kind of people. The dining room table will never be the same and for that I am happy, memories are in that table. Good, happy memories.

Everyone disappeared in the middle of the day to go watch a USC football game recorded at Nicole's and Brian's house. Papa and I snuck in a good nap!

We made a big pot of spaghetti for dinner. Everyone returned to the house for dinner. One granddaughter was still running a low grade fever so she and her mommy stayed home. But my son got off of work and brought Haley. Now 5 granddaughters, 1 grandson and his fiance, joined my kids and their spouses and we mulled around a little.

Then we started playing a game that made me laugh so hard, I almost knocked the New Year away and the old year back. If you want to share a couple of hours of incredibly joyful moments with your family get the game Loaded Questions. WARNING:. if you have given birth or are over the age of 50 wear a Depends!

These characters, my family, are truly the funniest people I know and a tad bit on the irreverent side. The adults laughed so hard that the kids were drawn into the room and hung out with us for awhile.

There is no doubt I am a blessed person in spite of clinical depression and PTSD. I am thankful for my wonderful husband, Frank. I am thankful for John, Adam & Ashley, Nicole &; Coach Brian, Cole and Cheyenne. I am thankful for Pickles, JP, Dippin Dots, Pinky Marie and the CEO. I am also thankful for Becky and Natalie even though they couldn't be there).  I am also thankful for Rex, Phe and Mulisha who fit right in with the chaos and joy.

I am also thankful for  my sister and my niece who couldn't make it, my brother and his family and all my cousins.

Lets do this again tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Please but Play Nice!