December 22, 2017

The Guy

Every person in town knows my husband or, at least, recognizes him.

The Guy

He is in the store commercials on television. His voice is on the radio. He teaches photography classes at the store and location classes. He makes presentations at local venues and for local clubs. He also judges photography entries for 4 county fairs and a couple of local clubs. He has been the face of the store for 28 years.

As you can imagine, we never have a 'quiet, romantic dinner' without someone coming over to talk. We never take a long walk on the river trail without someone tapping him on the shoulder. We can't go to the Mall, or Rite Aide of Lowes.

Hell, we couldn't even go to Idaho without someone walking up to talk to him about a problem they are having with their camera, flash, focus, or just to ask him what lens/camera/flash/filter would be best!

We have stopped for burgers two counties away and the server called him by his name.

I forbid him go with me to my doctor visits because I end up sitting on the exam table while Frank leans on one wall, arms across his chest; doctor (including my surgeon and my anesthesiologist and nurses in the hospital) mirroring Frank's stance against the opposite wall, while they discuss cameras/photography/flashes, etc.

Many call him by his name, but most just grab him by his shirt or arm and say,  "You're the Guy! I have a question!"  OR  "Hey, Crown-Guy, I'm headed to ___________ in the __________. What would be the best settings/filters/ lens to take with me?"

I have actually been teasingly calling him 'The Guy" for years, but recently someone asked me if I was Mrs. Guy! Really!

I have decided to start calling him The Guy, always!

Let it be known, that all references to my husband in this blog will henceforth be "The Guy"!

The Guy


The Guy

P.S I love you, The-Guy!

7 comments:

  1. Nice, to focus on one's life partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Don't know as I have focused on The Guy! I'm pretty independent. We are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to most things including religion, politics, books, communications, etc. Weird, though, our values are the same when it comes to family, love and the mountains!

      When I met him, it was in a crowded Mall. He was in color and everyone else was in black and white. When the universe sends you that kind of message, you listen!

      Delete
  2. Ah, the life of a celebrity :) You can't find any peace anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how he has dodged the paparazzi for as long as he has!!!

      Delete
  3. Hmm. Don't know as I have focused on The Guy! I'm pretty independent. We are on opposite ends of the spectrum gul ahmed lawn , lawn suits online shopping , lawn dresses online , pakistani designer lawn suits , pakistani cotton suits online , lawn collection , lawn suit design , new lawn collection , unstitched suits pakistani , lawn suits with prices when it comes to most things including religion, politics, books, communications, etc. Weird, though, our values are the same when it comes to family, love and the mountains!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!