December 19, 2017

WTH!

I woke up this morning and there are four new age spots on my face. Big Ones. Overnight!

I had one little one for about ten years and overnight 4 show up.

Googled 'age spots' after I tried scrubbing them off (thinking they just might be dirt from scrubbing bathroom and painting).

Of course, we all know that all that sunbathing we did when we were younger catches up with us, but I was shocked to read that age spots can be caused by STRESS!  (f-bomb, f-bomb, f-bomb).  A couple of sites read that stress causes inflammation and decreases the skin's ability to heal. Might explain my increased knee pain and my shoulder taking a couple of steps backward in the pain department.

Sunday was one of those 'hell days' with my mom. She is losing it pretty quick and not is a nice way. My husband, sister and I are doing what we can to protect my dad but it's an uphill battle. With every emergency, it is a 45 minute drive of fear and anxiety to get to them. Dad wants to move up here but Mom won't budge!

You can't fight (or even talk) with crazy. 

So, good friends, what is a good concealer? It looks like I'm going to be needing a lot of it?


10 comments:

  1. One word.....Retin-A.

    I hate age spots to. And whats with them showing up out of the blue, usually when you have somewhere nice to go. Fuckers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! AT least wait until after Christams! Fuckers x 2!

      Delete
  2. I hear ya. I was okay with small age spots on my hands and arms but then one day -- there's a big one on my face near my eye! OMG, I have become The Ancient of Days! I remembered when I was a kid, all these endless ads in "women's magazines" for a cream called Porcelana that was guaranteed to fade age spots. I figured Porcelana had gone the way of "Evening in Paris" perfume but NO -- apparently it's still on the market. Who knew? But I've since reconciled myself to age spots, even on my face. [translation: too effin' lazy to do anything about them]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is what it is! It would have just been nice if they slowly creeped up instead of BLAM...We'rrrrre Herrrrre!

      Delete
  3. Do I have age spots?? I don't think so...but I have brown spots on my arms, that are bigger than freckles! Oh, you know, even if I get them, I may just leave them be. I stopped wearing makeup about 15 years ago. That's so weird for them to show up so quickly though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be my age, may be the sun I worshiped in my youth, could just be Tuesday!

      Delete
  4. I had no idea they show up with stress! That totally sucks. I'm sorry to hear about your folks. It's not easy dealing with one aging parent, let alone two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd take age spots. I'm pretty certain I have the skin of a man that's beed dead for a week. I don't know how that happened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have my age spots! I'll donate everyone.

      I feel betrayed. I use salt scrub on body and face every time I shower. I use body butter and massage oil and every night and day I use No 7 moisturizer. Nobody told me they would sneak up on me in my sleep!

      Delete

Comment Please but Play Nice!