April 09, 2018

Thank You All

I can't tell you all how much your comments and caring mean to me. Thank you with all my heart.

Mom is at home and in hospice care. Comfort measures only. The hospice nurses have been wonderful. They are tender and gentle, not only with Mom, but also with our Father.

This has been extremely hard on Dad. When going to reposition her in the night, I find him asleep in a chair next to her hospital bed, both of them asleep and holding hands.

One day I will share the nightmare of healthcare in Shasta and Tehama Counties. It truly feels as if my sister and I have been at war to protect our mother's health, safety and welfare.  Our fear is overwhelming for the older people who don't have family to protect them.

For now, all is going as smooth as can be expected...will fill you in on details, but going back to bed!

I miss you all. Thank you again for your thoughtfulness and caring.

11 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear Mom is home with her husband.
    I am also glad to hear that hospice is being good to all.

    I don't think healthcare nightmares are only in those counties, I think it is in all of American healthcare!! I am proof.

    I wish for you an easy go as much as possible at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you Toni and I'm thinking of you through this hard time you're going through. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. my FIL & MIL both used hospice care in their final year. those hospice people are THE BEST EVAH!

    thinking of you; {{{{{hugs}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all as you journey together this final time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Toni - it's good to know there's some peace for them now ... and they can be together as long as possible with the hospice around ... they are so good - and then you and the family as the important back up for your father ... take care and all the very best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. We miss you! Sending you lots of hugs. We are here to support you xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and love your way. It was a privilege to walk that walk with both of my parents. Something I am so glad I was there for. Peace to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you my heartiest prays ,best wishes and love along with a HUG!!!

    this is grace of God that your mom is in home now and in safe hands for sure
    my thoughts and love for both love birds(made my eyes teary by describing their hands holding sleep) i am relived by these words provided by you dear Toni!

    hope you and your sister can take some rest now.

    Take great care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to read this. The people who work at hospice are special angels and I hope they can give you all some comfort as you go through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read your last few posts. The best thing is that this is all made more comforting by the strong ties and love of family.
    It is a sad by beautiful post of strength in the most difficult of times. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing.Thank for your very good article...!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!