September 19, 2018

My Oh My!

Dad's house in Redding closed escrow last week.

The couple that bought it lost everything in the CARR Fire.

Title recorded, funds transferred and sis and I (Trustees) wrote checks for brother and selves.

October 1st, the Guy and I will be paying off our mortgage...oh man!

It sounds so good saying it, how good will it feel doing it?

Thank you, Mom and Dad! You can't know how much this means to us.


Can't wait to sign the payoff check to mortgage company...

Sincerely but no longer yours,
The Guy and Toni

 

18 comments:

  1. Hi Toni - that will be wonderful ... so pleased for you - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a pretty nice little happy dance. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. No more mortgage is a dream! So pleased for you that you no longer have to be saddled with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my wish for everyone. I can finally move on to some of the other things on the bucket list!

      Delete
  3. when my parental units paid off their mortgage in 1988, they burned the loan agreement. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking we might have a little "Freedom" ritual, too. Lots and lots of Wild Turkey and sage!

      Delete
  4. It is a wonderful feeling and a great peace of mind. That is wonderful, Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's wonderful Toni :) On Tuesday this week I paid off my 5-year car loan and I jumped for joy! I can only imagine how paying off a mortgage will feel! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paying off any loan or credit card gives one a whole new perspective on the word "interest"!

      Delete
  6. I can't imagine having a mortgage at this point in my life. so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can relate as almost 12 years ago when we moved to this house ,our joy was shaded by the loan of house finance which took 5 years to finish and this was quite tough time for you Toni!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!