June 13, 2013

Road Trip

Headed to Soquel today to my nieces graduation.

We'll watch her and a ton of other kids walk down the aisle, stip up on stage, shake hands with "The Man" (male or female). then home for a little party for my niece.

Then she will dump us old people like a ton of hot potatoes (literally, a ton) and go off to Graduation Party Central.

Then us old people will sit around the fire pit, remembering what it was like being 17, newly graduated, filled with dreams. Then we will sip some wine and thank the good lord above that we are not 17 not even 27 for that matter!

That means Road Trip.  Clean underwear, clean my house real good in case a truck hits us on I-80 or the Big One hits while in Santa Cruz!

I haven't done a gratitude journal for a few weeks, so, just in case, I thought I would jot a couple of things down.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He is a rock. If I die on this trip (or anytime in the near future) I am going to come back and visit his place of employment and bitch slap two or three guys really, really hard.

I am thankful for my three children. What a wonderful blessing you three have been in my life. Every moment has been a lesson in love and gratitude. Thank you for choosing me when you flipped through the catalog of available parents before conception. Thank you for being the most intelligent and humorous people I know.

I am thankful for my sis. You are my best friend. I've enjoyed stealing signs with you, Lost weekends, sharing secrets and all the rest. You are an incredible woman and don't let anyone, a-n-y-o-n-e tell you different. ( I will come back and do some bitch slapping for you too...make me a list!)

I am thankful for my brother and all his work getting us cousins together. You are a good story teller, keep it up!

I am thankful for Mom and Dad,  for too many things to list but especially that conversation you had a million years ago with me, Dad. The conversation that re-instilled hope in my little-girl heart.

I am thankful for my grandchildren. My heart tries to burst with all the love I have for you. Each and every one of you is so special in your own way. You will impact this world and make it a better place, you already have.

I am thankful for my two daughters-in-law and son-in-law. Thank you for making my children feel loved and cherished. Of course, I am thankful for my grandson's girlfriend, she is sweet and positive and makes him feel loved.

I am thankful to my friends, family, COUSINS~ OH, COUSINS!

Now that I have written this and tears are flowing I have decided not to wear underwear on the drive down....what the hell...rules are meant not only to be broken but twisted!

I think I might also use a fine point Sharpie and write "Bite Me" on my ass!

p.s. add A Dream by Priscilla Ahn to the songs to be played at my funeral at Brandy Creek.

1 comment:

  1. Made it there and back. Wonderful time. Made news friends. Met a young man I am going to have to arm wrestle with my sister to see who gets to adopt him.

    My nieces graduation was beautiful and so was she!

    Visited with friend from "way back" because ti feels disloyal to call them "old friends"!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!