February 01, 2018

Blessed Imbolc


"Could be?
Who knows?
There's something due any day
I will know, right away
Soon as it shows
It may come cannonballing down through the sky
Gleam in its eye
Bright as rose
Who knows?
It's only just out of reach
Down the block, on the beach
Under a tree
I got a feeling there's a miracle due
Gonna come true, comin' to me
Could it be, yes it could
Something's comin', something good
If I can wait
Something's comin'
I don't know what it is
But it is gonna be great
With a click, with a shock
Phone'll jingle, door will knock
Open the latch
Something's comin'
Don't know when
But it's soon
Catch the moon
One handed catch
Around the corner
Or whistlin' down the river
Come on, deliver to me
Will it be, yes it will
Maybe just by holding still
It'll be there
Come on, something
Come on in
Don't be shy
Meet a guy
Pull up a chair
The air is humming
And something great is coming
I feel like drumming
And something great is coming
Who knows?
It's only just out of reach
Down the block, on a beach..."

Something's coming, something good.

One of my favorite songs from West Side Story written by Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim.

You should see me doing the JET's dance in the grocery store singing this song! Never once asked to leave the store...maybe management is afraid of the crazy lady snapping her fingers and singing off tune!

Blessed Imbolc, my friends.






12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have two theme songs in my life, this one and Celebration by Kool and the Gang! Love 'em both.

      Delete
  2. To be honest, I never liked the movie (well, except for Rita Moreno). But seeing these lyrics written down surprised me. It's hope....plain and simple. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita Moreno shines in anything she does!

      The song is definitely a winner.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You bring so many smiles to my face, I'm glad I could reciprocate!

      Delete
  4. Imbolc blessings to you, Toni -- I'd pay money to see you do the JETS dance while singing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wednesdays or Sundays, Food Maxx in Red Bluff around 2 p.m.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your visit to my blog, nice to meet you.Love the song. Blessed Imbolc to you and yours, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the Tags and going to do a couple. Maybe I'll have some of my friends over for some wine and cut and paste!

      Delete
  6. I knew what song that was before I even got to the bottom...and I was humming along.

    baseball season starts in 13 days - THAT signals spring to me! anticipation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks..."

      Delete

Comment Please but Play Nice!