February 25, 2018

Crap!

Guess what highway has Severe Weather Alerts and Warnings for today?

Shit-oh-dear!

Snow! 8 tp 15 inches predicted.

50+ mile an hour gusts.

Guess who has only driven in snow twice, maybe!!!!

Guess who doesn't own chains!

I'm packing blankets, pillow, water and little ketchup packs, just in case we get stranded and I have to eat my friend!!!!

This is a bit of Karma. When I had my total knee replacement, I was originally on a 3 month waiting list. I got a call on Friday telling me that several patients couldn't reach the hospital due to a blizzard, so if I wanted, I could have my surgery on Monday! Yahoo. I went for it!

Paybacks are hell!



7 comments:

  1. Oh my...drive safe and slow! I refuse to drive in bad winter weather anymore, and I don't drive at night in the winter either. Unless there is a DIRE emergency, I'm homebound. I got stuck on an icy steep hill last March and the SUV started rolling backwards down the hill when I had the brakes and emergency brakes on...scary stuff. Would you consider waiting Toni?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. If you do risk the drive, pack a substantial winter safety kit -- put it in the back seat for ease of access. Make sure you've also got warm boots and all winter gear, candles and matches, food and a shovel. Plus a charged up cellphone and a full tank of gas.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...snow can be quite a nuisance. Drive very carefully and I hope you've packed everything you might need. Listen to Debra who left a comment filled with necessities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its scary out here too, my grandson bushed the car this morning!! Take care and safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are very careful and arrive safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for good wishes for safe travel. They worked! Made it!

    I can't believe the anxiety I wasted!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!