January 11, 2018

Random

I've misplaced my phone this morning. Not in the kitchen, not in the bedroom. Not here or there or anywhere!  It's kind of nice. I checked the charging station. The Guy's is there. 

You might ask, "Did The Guy mistakenly take Toni's?" Nope. I have a case and screen protector, his is naked.

"Hey! They Guy's phone is here! I could call my phone!"  Hmm.

No, I think I'll pass.

Kind of nice not knowing where it is!

But what if someone important calls, you might ask!

Not going to happen. George Clooney and Ryan Reynolds are both married and the Pope doesn't have my number.

The case contains my driver's license and debit card, so if I get bowled over by the urge to hop over to Dairy Queen for a Banana Split Blizzard, I will call. Until then...of well!

_________________________

Did I tell you about a day last week when I thought we had an earthquake?

I was in the kitchen preparing a late breakfast, had a little Kaleo playing so I was dancing while the hash browns browned and the fried eggs fried. I looked out the window and to see big waves in the pool. The water was roiling back and forth, even splashing over the side now and then!

No wind! No one in the pool!

I called out to The Guy.  "I think we might have just had an earthquake!  Did you feel anything?"

He came into the kitchen and stared at the water just as a large pine cone popped up to the surface!

Looking up into the neighbor's Monterey Pine he pointed to a big, fat, fluffy squirrel.  Late harvesting, I suppose!

The pine tree leans way over the fence and shades the pool in our three digit summers!

____________________________


I was reading Debra's post this morning about her cat. It reminded me of our old house after all the kids moved out (for the last time). We had four dogs, two black labs and two yellow labs (Paco, Bear, Chablis and Cassie Moses). We also had five cats (Puffers, Neeka, Taters, Dawg and Boots).

All nine of the animals slept together. We had a couple of large cedar dog beds and the whole herd would squish up together. If you walked by the pile of fur, sometimes a head would lift, check out who was walking through and then tuck back into the fur.

Weird that we only have two dogs (Border Collie and Chihuahua/Terrier Mix (Rex & Lily).  No cats. Yet, everyday we sweep up enough dog hair to knit a new dog!

_____________________________

Dang, phone just rang! It's under the bed. Must be time for that Blizzard, maybe I'll ask for extra whipped cream!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a cell phone person so every day for me is good because no one can reach me unless they use a landline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate talking on the phone so I never answered my landline and didn't have Caller ID. My son, who lives 600+miles asked me if he bought an Iphone for me and paid the monthly bill, if I would answer when he calls. I said yes and got rid of land line! Now I only really have to talk to Adam!

      Delete
  2. I'm so not a phone person! About five or six people have my cell phone and none of them ever call me on it. Even if they do, I don't answer :) We do have a landline that we never answer either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG and here I was (circuitously) bitching about looking after ONE pet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Toni :)) I hate my phone lol...I NEVER use it. Well, that's not true, when I'm EXTREMELY lazy, I'll text Alex instead of getting up off my arse and walking up the stairs lol...he does the same. I mainly use it as a camera I guess. I don't think I've made a phone call in forever. But it's handy when I'm driving and out alone...and a Blizzard is a great idea!! :)

    Oh the pet hair, the pet hair...and we have two shedding now, I can't sweep fast enough. Our vacuum is getting a terrible workout lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember, long ago, in what seemed like another galaxy, when phones were not in our thoughts, and usually hung on a wall with a cord and couldn’t be lost.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!