November 24, 2014

Winter Vacation

Imagine a cozy warm cabin on the north shore of Lake Tahoe.

A fire roaring in the stone fireplace.  An amazing view of the lake through the falling flakes of snow.

The smell of bubbling homemade soup fills the air.

Two pajama-clad women are seated in cozy over stuffed chairs, legs tucked underneath them, noses buried in open books. The pine table between them offers a plate of cheeses, breads and fresh fruit. Wine glasses are full, one with chilled Chardonnay and the other with a rich Merlot-Sirah blend.

Behind the glasses and platter is a stack of 6 books, yet to be opened and read and the car parked in the garage is not moving for a week.

Now, imagine that those two women are my sister and I and the scene is this coming January!

Yummy, huh?

I think so!  I hope Santa brings me some new jammies for Christmas. I'll need at least two weeks to wash and dry and wash and dry and wash and dry them to a perfect softness.

Wish I had a time machine. I'd skip Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and jump right ahead to cabin time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Please but Play Nice!